Lymph Drainage Therapy
This relaxing, light touch technique employs gentle, rhythmic movements of the hands to aid the body’s ability to drain excess fluids (edema), detoxify & regenerate tissue, and maintain a healthy immune system. An LDT treatment stimulates your body to take up more interstitial fluid into the lymph vessels and then process it through the nodes.
It is helpful for post operative healing and has been shown to reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It also helps ease skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and rosacea. The following results have been noted:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Detoxification of the body
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Anti-aging effects
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Relief of chronic pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
- Assists in the alleviation of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and Rosacea.
LDT is not only a great adjunct to the treatment of certain medical conditions, it can be a wonderful way to promote deep relaxation and enhance well-being for anybody!
Read articles about Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, such as “What Is Lymphatic Drainage Therapy: What Does It have to Offer?” and “Applications of Pre & Post Surgical Lymphatic Drainage Therapy” at the Upledger Institute website. Read more detail about receiving a LDT session on my blog.
Diana received her training in Lymphatic Drainage Therapy through the Upledger Institute, Inc., www.upledger.com and continues to take trainings and serve as a teaching assistant for LDT classes. The method taught by the Institute was developed by Dr. Bruno Chikly and created out of his award winning research on the lymphatic system. He is the author of the first comprehensive book in North America on the lymphatic system and lymphedema: Silent Waves: Theory and Practice of Lymph Drainage Therapy.
- 60 minutes $95
- 90 minutes $135